The President’s Council on Sports, Fitness & Nutrition’s (PCSFN) Science Board is a subcommittee of the Council that helps elevate scientific research related to youth sports.
The Science Board is made up of academic scholars and a Council member. Science Board members specialize in different topics related to youth sports, including coaching, benefits of participating in sports, burnout, and more.
Read the Science Board resources submitted to the Council at the 2020 Annual Meeting
2020-2021 Science Board
The 2020-2021 Science Board is focused on youth sports and supporting the Council and HHS in implementing and promoting the National Youth Sports Strategy.
The members of the 2020-2021 PCSFN Science Board are:
- Bradley J. Cardinal, PhD — Oregon State University, Science Board Chair
- Nan Hayworth, MD — Member of the President’s Council on Sports, Fitness & Nutrition
- Matthew T. Bowers, PhD — University of Texas at Austin
- Erin E. Centeio, PhD — University of Hawai’i at Mānoa
- Travis E. Dorsch, PhD — Utah State University
- Cara B. Ebbeling, PhD, MS — Boston Children’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School
- Cynthia LaBella, MD — Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital and Northwestern University
- Felipe Lobelo, MD, PhD — Emory University
- Kathryn Lucas, PT, DPT, PhD — University of Kentucky
- Karin Allor Pfeiffer, PhD, FACSM — Michigan State University
- Matthew J. Robinson, EdD — University of Delaware
- Alan L. Smith, PhD, FNAK — Michigan State University
- John O. Spengler, JD, PhD — Texas A&M University
- Meredith A. Whitley, PhD — Adelphi University
Read past issues of Elevate Health
Elevate Health is a publication of the Council’s Science Board focused on fitness, sports and nutrition. Explore past issues in our virtual library.