The Move Your Way® Community Playbook offers tips and resources to help community organizations implement the Move Your Way campaign at the local level. The Move Your Way campaign is the promotional campaign for the second edition of the Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans and can help people live healthier lives through increased physical activity.
This playbook is an implementation guide — which means it will help you plan for, conduct, and evaluate your community’s Move Your Way campaign. Use the playbook and Move Your Way campaign materials to help people in your community get more active!
It’s a good idea to read through the entire playbook once to get a preview of all the tips and resources. Then use the table of contents to come back to specific sections when you need them.
- Get familiar with Move Your Way
- Check out Move Your Way pilot communities
- Set priorities, goals, and metrics
- Brainstorm implementation strategies
- Delegate key tasks
- Build your team
- Secure funding and volunteers
- Plan a launch event
- Develop and disseminate materials
- Host community events
- Spread the word about your campaign
- Evaluate your challenges and successes
- Guiding Models of Move Your Way
- Campaign Implementation Tracker
- Intercept Interview Guide: How to Interview Event Attendees
- Tips for Developing a Campaign Budget
- Recruitment Email
- Campaign Launch Task List
- Tips for Coordinating Social Media Promotion
- Partnership Tip Sheets
- Sample Pitch Language
- Campaign Talking Points
Want to print the playbook?
The playbook includes both web content and downloadable PDFs. If you want to print a copy of the entire playbook (both the web content and the PDF resources), it’s a 2-step process:
Move Your Way® and the Move Your Way logo are registered service marks of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.