At ODPHP, we’re committed to empowering people to improve their health. And we’re charged by Congress to coordinate disease prevention activities within HHS and to support research that promotes health.
In line with this charge, we set guidelines for nutrition and physical activity that inform federal programs. We create tools and resources to help people follow these guidelines so they can lead long, healthy lives.
Learn more about our nutrition and physical activity work:
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans. Along with the U.S. Department of Agriculture, we develop the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, the nation’s go-to source for nutrition guidance.
- Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans. We lead the development of the Physical Activity Guidelines — the nation’s go-to source for guidance on physical activity.
- Move Your Way® Community Resources. We developed the Move Your Way campaign to promote the second edition of the Physical Activity Guidelines. With inspiring but practical messaging, we meet people where they’re at to help them get the physical activity they need.
- National Youth Sports Strategy. The National Youth Sports Strategy is the first federal roadmap with actionable strategies to increase youth sports participation for all. We created the strategy in response to a presidential executive order.
- President’s Council on Sports, Fitness & Nutrition. We support the President’s Council on Sports, Fitness & Nutrition, a federal advisory committee that promotes healthy eating and physical activity for all Americans.