Since 1956, the President’s Council on Sports, Fitness & Nutrition (PCSFN) has played an important role in educating people about the benefits of physical activity and healthy eating. The Council consists of athletes, physicians, fitness and nutrition professionals, and entrepreneurs who are appointed by the President and serve in an advisory capacity through the Secretary of Health and Human Services.
Some of PCSFN’s activities include:
- Recognizing individuals and organizations who have advanced the field of physical activity, sports, or nutrition promotion
- Sponsoring National Physical Fitness & Sports Month, a National Health Observance intended to inspire Americans to get active
- Partnering with the National Fitness Foundation, which was established to support PCSFN’s mission
- Promoting the National Youth Sports Strategy and helping to unite U.S. youth sports culture around a shared vision: that one day, all youth will have the opportunity, motivation, and access to play sport
- Implementing the National Strategy on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health, including supporting the White House Challenge to End Hunger and Build Healthy Communities
Through partnerships with the public, private, and non-profit sectors, the Council promotes programs and initiatives that motivate people of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities to lead active, healthy lives.
To stay up to date about the President's Council's activities, sign up for email updates.
Interested in requesting a PCSFN speaker? If you'd like to invite a PCSFN member to speak at your event, please submit your request at least 8 weeks in advance.