The National Youth Sports Strategy aims to unite U.S. youth sports culture around a shared vision: that one day, all youth will have the opportunity, motivation, and access to play sports.
The Strategy is based on research and best practices from the scientific community and successful youth sports programs across the United States. It offers actionable ideas for parents, coaches, organizations, communities, and policymakers to support youth sports participation for all.
Explore the National Youth Sports Strategy
For an overview of what’s in the Strategy, check out the Executive Summary [PDF - 3.2 MB].
Learn about successful youth sports programs in the National Youth Sports Strategy Bright Spots:
- Washington Nationals Youth Baseball Academy: Going to Bat for Inner-City Youth [PDF - 2.6MB]
- OSU LiFEsports: Reaching Vulnerable Youth Through Summer Sports [PDF - 1.5MB]
- Girls on the Run: Helping Girls Find Their Path [PDF - 842.1KB]
- The YMCA: Engaging Youth Across the Nation [PDF - 457.1KB]
- Saturday Night Lights: Lighting the Way for Young Athletes [PDF - 3.1MB]
- Special Olympics Unified Sports®: Promoting Social Inclusion Through Sports [PDF - 839.2KB]
Promote physical activity for youth in your community
Playing youth sports is a great way for kids to meet the Physical Activity Guidelines. Check out the Move Your Way® campaign materials for parents and kids to help parents learn about the benefits of physical activity and sports — and how they can help their kids find a way to play.