Use these tools and resources to learn more about the 2015–2020 Dietary Guidelines — and share key messages with patients, clients, professionals, and other audiences.
Toolkit for Professionals
Find tips, messages, and materials that will help you share information from the Dietary Guidelines with your patients, clients, and peers.
- Talk to Your Patients & Clients About Healthy Eating Patterns [PDF - 394 KB] includes nutrition tips and conversation starters for dietitians, nurses, and other providers working with the public.
Spanish: Para el profesional de la salud: Hable con sus pacientes o clientes sobre los patrones de alimentación saludable [PDF - 460 KB]
- How to Build a Healthy Eating Pattern (Handout for Patients or Clients) [PDF - 520 KB] features tips for making nutritious food and beverage choices a part of your everyday routine.
Spanish: Cómo crear un patrón de alimentación saludable [PDF - 423 KB]
- Shift to Healthier Food & Beverage Choices (Handout for Patients or Clients) [PDF - 332 KB] offers a closer look at a central Dietary Guidelines concept.
Spanish: Elija alimentos y bebidas más saludables [PDF - 763 KB]
- Cut Down on Added Sugars (Handout for Patients or Clients) [PDF - 353 KB] offers a how-to guide for reducing added sugars.
Spanish: Consuma menos azúcares agregados [PDF - 903 KB]
- Cut Down on Sodium (Handout for Patients or Clients) [PDF – 821 KB] offers a how-to guide for reducing sodium.
Spanish: Consuma menos sodio [PDF - 362 KB]
- Cut Down on Saturated Fats (Handout for Patients or Clients) [PDF – 772 KB] offers a how-to guide for reducing saturated fats.
Spanish: Consuma menos grasas saturadas [PDF - 357 KB]
- Dietary Guidelines Presentation for Professionals [PPTX - 28.6 MB] [PDF - 2.5 MB] has information and graphics about the 2015–2020 Dietary Guidelines. Download the PowerPoint slide deck to customize the presentation or the PDF to use it as-is.
Use the Eat Healthy, Be Active Community Workshops to share tips and resources in an interactive format. This series of six 1-hour workshops is based on the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and the Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans.