Tools & Resources
Use these tools and resources to learn more about the 2015–2020 Dietary Guidelines — and share key messages with patients, clients, professionals, and other audiences.
Learn more about what’s inside the 2015–2020 Dietary Guidelines.
- Executive Summary [PDF - 1 MB] provides highlights from the complete Dietary Guidelines.
Spanish: Resumen Ejecutivo [PDF - 874 KB]
- Recommendations At-A-Glance [PDF - 1.1 MB] offers professionals a summary of the 5 Guidelines and 6 Key Recommendations.
Spanish: Para Profesionales: Breve Resumen Sobre las Recomendaciones [PDF - 1.5 MB]
Toolkit for Professionals
Find tips, messages, and materials that will help you share information from the Dietary Guidelines with your patients, clients, and peers.
- Talk to Your Patients & Clients About Healthy Eating Patterns [PDF - 394 KB] includes nutrition tips and conversation starters for dietitians, nurses, and other providers working with the public.
- Shift to Healthier Food & Beverage Choices (Handout for Patients or Clients) [PDF - 332 KB] offers a closer look at a central Dietary Guidelines concept.
- Cut Down on Added Sugars (Handout for Patients or Clients) [PDF - 353 KB] offers a how-to guide for reducing added sugars.
- Dietary Guidelines Presentation for Professionals [PPTX - 28.6 MB] [PDF - 2.5 MB] has information and graphics about the 2015–2020 Dietary Guidelines. Download the PowerPoint slide deck to customize the presentation or the PDF to use it as-is.
- 2015–2020 Dietary Guidelines: Questions and Answers addresses questions about the Dietary Guidelines and how it was developed.
Share graphics from the 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
|Responsive graphic||Static graphic||Embed code for static graphic|
|Figure ES-1. 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines at a Glance||
|Figure I-3. Science, Policy, Implementation: Developing the 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans||
|Figure 1-1. Cup- and Ounce-Equivalents||
|Figure 1-3. Hidden Components in Eating Patterns||
|Figure 2-2. Empower People To Make Healthy Shifts||
|Figure 2-8. Typical Versus Nutrient-Dense Foods and Beverages||
|Figure 3-1. A Social-Ecological Model for Food and Physical Activity Decisions||
|Figure 3-3. Strategies to Align Settings With the 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans||
Digital Press Kit
Access press releases, the Top 10 Things You Need to Know, an FAQ, video and audio clips, and other media resources in the Digital Press Kit. Send questions and requests to ASHMedia@hhs.gov or call (202) 205-0143.
National Nutrition Month Promo Kit
Promote the Dietary Guidelines during National Nutrition Month in March. Use this Promo Kit to get examples of website, social media, listserv, and newsletter content.
Get email updatesSign up for emails about the 2015 Dietary Guidelines