The vision of the National Youth Sports Strategy (NYSS) can only be realized with the collaboration and engagement of partners from across the youth sports landscape. In order to work toward an environment in which all youth have the opportunity, motivation, and access to play sports, regardless of their race, ethnicity, sex, ability, or ZIP code, the Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (ODPHP) invites public and private sector organizations to become an NYSS Champion.
NYSS Champions are youth-serving organizations that work in alignment with the NYSS or organizations that support youth sports through donations or other means. NYSS Champions will receive recognition from ODPHP and the President's Council on Sports, Fitness & Nutrition (PCSFN) on Health.gov, a digital NYSS Champion badge to highlight their support of the NYSS, and tools to disseminate the NYSS and promote physical activity.
ODPHP invites organizations to submit a Statement of Interest to become an NYSS Champion.
To be eligible to become an NYSS Champion, an organization will:
- Have a demonstrated interest in, understanding of, and experience with supporting youth sports
- Have an organizational or corporate mission that is aligned with the NYSS vision
- Agree to sign a Letter of Understanding with ODPHP, which will set forth the details of how the organization is supporting the vision of the NYSS
- Note: there will be opportunities to provide updates to this response, as ODPHP is aware that youth sports has been significantly affected by COVID-19
Statements of interest can be submitted via email to email@example.com. Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Complete statements of interest will contain:
- Organization name, location, website, and submitter’s contact information
- A brief description of the organization’s mission and/or values
- A description of how the organization supports or plans to support the NYSS vision (more information can be found in the NYSS Executive Summary)
Selection and Notification
ODPHP will review and evaluate Statements of Interest for alignment with the NYSS vision. Submission of a Statement of Interest does not guarantee acceptance as an NYSS Champion.