Each May the President’s Council on Sports, Fitness & Nutrition encourages Americans to #MoveinMay in celebration of National Physical Fitness & Sports Month. This year, the President’s Council on Sports, Fitness & Nutrition is teaming up with the Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion’s (ODPHP) Move Your Way campaign to promote safe physical activity while practicing social distancing. To make it easy for you to join the conversation, we’ve provided links to resources you can use to promote National Physical Fitness and Sports Month. There’s even sample social media messages included at the end of the post. Help spread the word and advocate for active lifestyles in your community!
The President’s Council on Sports, Fitness & Nutrition shares more about National Physical Fitness and Sports Month on fitness.gov.
In April, ODPHP published this question and answer blog post about staying active while social distancing. Although some localities are beginning to ease restrictions, many of the social distancing recommendations surrounding safe physical activity still apply.
Public Service Announcements
Many of us are missing sports right now. But we can work together to create a better sports experience for all youth once it’s safe to get back in the game. These new public service announcements highlight the importance of safe, fun, and inclusive sports for all.
- Watch Assistant Secretary for Health, ADM Brett P. Giroir
- Watch Surgeon General, VADM Jerome M. Adams
- Watch President’s Council on Sports, Fitness & Nutrition member and Pro Golfer, Natalie Gulbis
And check out the National Youth Sports Strategy to learn how you can make a difference in your community.
Move Your Way Activity Planner
Unsure how to be active while social distancing? The Move Your Way interactive tool allows users to build a weekly activity plan and find activities they can do at home.
Move Your Way Promotional Videos
The “Move Your Way At Home” YouTube playlist includes five promotional videos clips that emphasize ways that adults and families can be active at home.
Social Media Messages
Use these sample Twitter messages to encourage your audiences to celebrate National Physical Fitness and Sports Month by focusing on activities that can be done at home. Pair your messages with the social media graphics below. Messages that link to videos will load a preview — no graphic needed.
For those on Facebook, be sure to check out ODPHP’s page for more Move Your Way messages to share.
- DYK: May is National Physical Fitness & Sports Month? Visit https://bit.ly/2SmIyI8 to learn more, and be sure to follow @fitnessgov & @healthgov as they celebrate the many ways to #MoveYourWay & #MoveinMay
- In National Physical Fitness & Sports Month @fitnessgov Council Member @natalie_gulbis reminds us that ALL youth deserve the opportunity & access to play sports. How will YOU support youth sports once it’s safe to get back in the game? https://bit.ly/3f9j8aq #MoveinMay
- Many of us miss sports right now. But we can work together to create a better sports experience for ALL youth in the future. Check out the National #YouthSports Strategy to discover what role YOU can play. Watch this message from @HHS_ASH https://bit.ly/3d6JF6L #MoveInMay
- Youth who play sports build leadership, teamwork, fitness & more. Once sports resume, let’s make sure that they’re safe, fun & inclusive for ALL. In National Physical Fitness & Sports Month @Surgeon_General reminds us we all have a role to play. https://bit.ly/2SrlnfM #MoveInMay
- May is National Physical Fitness & Sports Month! Get out, get active, and show @fitnessgov how you #StayActive while you practice #SocialDistancing! #MoveInMay
- It’s National Physical Fitness & Sports Month! While you #StayAtHome, there are still a lot of activities you can do: work out with an online video, go for a walk, take a bike ride, or dance to your favorite playlist. Whatever inspires you to #GetActive. Just have fun! #MoveInMay
- How do you #MoveYourWay while #SocialDistancing? Celebrate National Physical Fitness and Sports Month by sharing your at-home activity tips! And learn about the benefits of physical activity from @HealthGov: https://bit.ly/39CAkkL #MoveinMay
- You don’t need to leave the house to #GetActive during Physical Fitness and Sports Month! Try streaming free workout videos to stay active when you’re stuck indoors. Learn what kinds of physical activity you need from @HealthGov: https://bit.ly/39GHaps #MoveYourWay #MoveinMay
- Trying to stay active during National Physical Fitness & Sports Month? It helps to make a plan! Use @HealthGov’s interactive tool to build your weekly activity plan — including things you can do at home: https://bit.ly/3aEYJrc #MoveYourWay #MoveinMay
- Working from home while #SocialDistancing? Activity breaks are a great way to stay focused! This Physical Fitness & Sports Month try doing yoga, push-ups, or squats between tasks. Learn more about physical activity from @HealthGov: https://bit.ly/344rjQp #MoveYourWay #MoveinMay
- Parents: How do you keep your kids active when they’re stuck indoors? Share your at-home family activity tips! And learn about the benefits of #PhysicalActivity from @HealthGov: https://bit.ly/39C8qW4 #MoveYourWay #MoveinMay
- Kids need 60 minutes of #PhysicalActivity a day — and they can get at home! Celebrate Physical Fitness & Sports Month with family jumping jacks or a dance party. Learn what kinds of activity your family needs from @HealthGov: https://bit.ly/3aE4o0H #MoveYourWay #MoveinMay
- Kids stuck in the house? This National Physical Fitness & Sports Month try to break up screen time with #PhysicalActivity! Check out @HealthGov's video: https://bit.ly/2Vajp47 #MoveYourWay #MoveinMay
- Parents: Want to keep your kids active while #SocialDistancing? Tackle chores together! Check out @HealthGov’s video: https://bit.ly/3bLvBi7 #MoveYourWay #MoveinMay