The Secretary’s Advisory Committee on National Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Objectives for 2030 provided recommendations to the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services for the development and implementation of Healthy People 2030 objectives. The committee was made up of non-federal, independent subject matter experts. Read about the committee members.
The committee’s advice on the development and implementation of Healthy People 2030 was informed by current scientific evidence. The committee provided input on various Healthy People 2030 components, including the:
- Mission and vision statements
- Selection criteria for developing measurable, nationally representative objectives
The committee also provided recommendations to:
- Ensure that selection criteria help identify objectives that address data-based, high-priority public health issues
- Limit the number of objectives
- Implement Healthy People 2030
- Identify Leading Health Indicators
To learn more, check out the charter for the committee [PDF – 315 KB].