ODPHP has launched our updated toolkit for health professionals, with consumer-friendly fact sheets based on the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2020–2025. This edition of the Dietary Guidelines reflects the current body of nutrition science and serves as the foundation for nutrition policies and programs across the United States.
Interested in spreading the word about the Dietary Guidelines and empowering people to make healthy food and beverage choices? Share these updated fact sheets from the toolkit:
- Talk to Your Patients and Clients About Healthy Eating Routines [PDF - 1.2 MB] includes tips for health professionals to use when starting a conversation about healthy eating with patients — and suggestions to overcome common barriers
- Build a Healthy Eating Routine [PDF - 1.5 MB] includes tips to help people make simple changes to improve their daily eating routine
- Cut Down on Added Sugars [PDF - 877.4 KB] includes tips to help people identify foods that are high in added sugars and reduce their intake
- Cut Down on Sodium [PDF - 88.1 KB] includes tips to help people limit sodium and recommendations for lower-sodium choices
- Cut Down on Saturated Fat [PDF - 1.1 MB] includes tips for swapping foods with saturated fat for foods with unsaturated fats to improve heart health
Sign up for email updates to get the latest information about the Dietary Guidelines and other nutrition updates. Together, we can promote the health of all Americans through healthy eating!