The 2020 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee’s schedule has been extended by one month, in consideration of new demands on Committee members’ schedules due to COVID-19. USDA and HHS continue to plan for the release of the 2020-2025 Dietary Guidelines for Americans by the end of the year.
Stay connected and receive updates on the Committee’s work at DietaryGuidelines.gov. Stay tuned for information on the following:
- April – Final protocols expanded with search strategies and included and excluded articles
- May – Draft conclusion statements and registration for the Committee’s Draft Report Meeting
- June – Committee’s Draft Report Meeting (by webcast; date to be announced soon)
The ongoing period for public comments to the Committee, which opened in March 2019, will now close on June 1, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET (one month later than the original date of May 1, 2020). When USDA and HHS post the Committee’s completed scientific advisory report, expected in July, a new period for public comments to the Departments will open.
- Check out the Topics and Questions page to follow the Committee’s work.
- Submit comments to the Committee.
- View videos and materials from previous Committee meetings.
Do you have general questions about the Committee’s work or the Dietary Guidelines process? Check out the recently updated Most Popular Questions page.