The Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (ODPHP) is pleased to announce the next Healthy People 2030 Spotlight on Health Webinar: Best Practices in Pain Care. This webinar will take place on Tuesday, May 23, 2023 from 1:00 to 2:15 pm ET. To register, please visit the Healthy People 2030 Webinar Registration page. Continuing Education Credits* (CEs) are available for this webinar.
During this webinar, federal presenters will provide an overview of Healthy People 2030’s Chronic Pain Topic Area and the progress made to date on the objective Reduce the proportion of adults with chronic pain that frequently limits life or work activities – CP-01. A presentation from the U.S. Pain Foundation on the best practices in pain management will highlight findings of the HHS Pain Management Best Practices Task Force. This webinar will also detail multiple approaches to pain management and the essential skills and principles necessary for a person with chronic pain to take an active role in managing their chronic condition for a fuller and happier life. Following the presentation, the moderator will ask panelists for their unique insights on pain care.
Participants and/or presenters include:
- Carter Blakey, Deputy Director, Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
- Richard Nahin, PhD, MPH, Lead Epidemiologist, National Center for Complimentary and Integrative Health, National Institute of Health
- Christina Mikosz, MD, MPH, Lead Medical Officer, Division of Overdose Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Cindy Steinberg, Director Policy & Advocacy, U.S. Pain Foundation
- June Oliver, MSN, CCNS, APRN/CNS, President-Elect, American Society for Pain Management Nursing
- Francis Neric, MS, MBA, President, Coalition for the Registration of Exercise Professionals
- Scott Lawrence, DC, FABQAURP, Acting Senior Policy Advisor, iQuality Improvement and Innovations Group, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
To register, please visit the Healthy People 2030 Webinar Series Registration page.
About the Spotlight on Health Series: Throughout the decade, the Healthy People 2030 Spotlight on Health Webinar Series will address important public health concerns and provide the latest available data on the topic.
* Following the webinar, participants will receive instructions on how to obtain CE credit and certificate.
Nursing Accreditation Statement
This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by the American Public Health Association’s Public Health Nursing Section Approver Unit, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Medicine (CME) Accreditation Statement
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint sponsorship of the American Public Health Association (APHA) and the Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (ODPHP). The APHA is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Designation Statement: The APHA designates this educational activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit (s)™ per webinar.
Health Education (CHES) Statement
Sponsored by the American Public Health Association (APHA), a designated approver of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. This program is designated for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES®) to receive up to 1.0 total Category I contact education contact hours per webinar.