The 2020 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee’s final systematic review protocols are now posted online at dietaryguidelines.gov. These protocols take into account input from the full Committee during its public meetings and public comments received throughout the Committee’s work. Each protocol provides the literature search strategy, the list of scientific articles included in the review, and the list of articles excluded after full-text screening, with at least one rationale for exclusion.
To view the Committee’s final systematic review protocols, follow these steps:
- Go to the Topics and Questions page
- Click on the subcommittee of interest to jump to that section
- Review the list of questions for your subcommittee of interest
- The symbol to the left of the question tells you the status of the question
- The date to right of the question indicates the last time a protocol was updated
- Click on a specific question to find detailed information on the review
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “View Full Protocol” to download
Draft conclusion statements will be available in May.
The 2020 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee continues to accept public comments on their work until June 1, 2020.
Committee’s Draft Report Meeting Now Scheduled for June 8, 2020
The 2020 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee’s schedule has been extended by one month, in consideration of new demands on Committee members’ schedules due to COVID-19.
The Committee will now present its draft report via webcast on June 8, 2020.
Registration will open in May. USDA and HHS will post registration information when it becomes available.
Have general questions about the Committee’s work or the Dietary Guidelines process? Check out our recently updated Most Popular Questions page.