The Social Determinants of Health (SDOH) Literature Summaries provide a snapshot of the latest research related to specific social determinants of health. Pick a determinant you're interested in and learn how it can affect health outcomes and health disparities.
Education Access and Quality
Health Care Access and Quality
Neighborhood and Built Environment
Social and Community Context
These SDOH infographics provide illustrative examples of how social determinants can influence health outcomes. Each of the 5 infographics represents 1 literature summary example from each of the 5 domains of social determinants of health: Economic Stability, Education Access and Quality, Health Care Access and Quality, Neighborhood and Built Environment, and Social and Community Context.
Download the infographics below to print them or share them with your networks.
- Download the Employment Infographic [PDF - 311 KB]
- Download the Early Childhood Development and Education Infographic [PDF - 298 KB]
- Download the Access to Health Services Infographic [PDF - 373 KB]
- Download the Access to Foods that Support Healthy Dietary Patterns Infographic [PDF - 335 KB]
- Download the Civic Participation Infographic [PDF - 500 KB]
Healthy People 2030, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Disease
Prevention and Health Promotion. Retrieved [date graphic was accessed], from https://health.gov/healthypeople/priority-areas/social-determinants-health/literature-summaries#block-sdohinfographics