Use the Move Your Way® Community Playbook resources on this page to plan, implement, and evaluate your community campaign.
- Guiding Models of Move Your Way
- Campaign Implementation Tracker
- Intercept Interview Guide: How to Interview Event Attendees
- Tips for Developing a Campaign Budget
- Recruitment Email
- Campaign Launch Task List
- Tips for Coordinating Social Media Promotion
- Partnership Tip Sheets
- Sample Pitch Language
- Campaign Talking Points
Want to print the playbook?
The playbook includes both web content and downloadable PDFs. If you want to print a copy of the entire playbook (both the web content and the PDF resources), it’s a 2-step process:
Guiding Models of Move Your Way
Check out this resource to better understand the theory and rationale behind the campaign.
Campaign Implementation Tracker
Use this tracker to help you evaluate your community campaign and keep track of key metrics — like the number of materials you distribute and the reach of your social media posts.
Intercept Interview Guide: How to Interview Event Attendees
Use this guide to gather feedback from attendees at your campaign events.
Tips for Developing a Campaign Budget
Use these tips and sample budget to help you decide how to use your campaign funds.
Dear [name of recipient],
Move Your Way is the national campaign to promote the second edition of the Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans. It aims to help people understand how much physical activity they need to be healthy and how to fit it into their daily lives.
We’re implementing the Move Your Way campaign locally to help members of our community get all the health benefits of physical activity — and your participation in the campaign is critical to making that happen.
No matter what your skill set, you can make valuable contributions to our work. For example, we’re always looking for support in these key areas:
- Events — help plan our launch event and provide guidance for ongoing community events to maximize message and program reach.
- Materials — take the lead on selecting, adapting, and distributing Move Your Way campaign materials to help promote our local physical activity events and initiatives.
- Media — provide guidance on using social media and other communication channels to spread the word about Move Your Way.
- Partnerships — recommend ways to engage with influential local organizations and leaders to build support for the campaign and coordinate local physical activity efforts.
Please feel free to forward this invitation to your friends and colleagues. If you don’t have time to lead a key task or participate in regular meetings, we can talk about other ways for you to get involved.
I look forward to working with you to improve the health of our community through physical activity.
[name and contact information of sender]
Campaign Launch Task List
Use this checklist to guide priority tasks in the months before and after the campaign launch event.
Tips for Coordinating Social Media Promotion
Share these tips to help your internal team and external partners successfully use social media to promote your campaign.
Partnership Tip Sheets
Check out these tips on partnering effectively with community-based organizations, schools, and worksite wellness programs.
Sample Pitch Language
Use or adapt this sample language when you pitch your campaign to prospective donors, partners, and volunteers.
Campaign Talking Points
Share these talking points with anyone who speaks on behalf of your campaign — like guest speakers at events or team members who do media interviews.