The Biden-Harris Administration is pleased to feature the following speakers at the White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health on September 28th, 2022:
- President Joseph R. Biden, Jr.
- Second Gentleman Douglas Emhoff
- Ambassador Susan E. Rice, White House Domestic Policy Advisor
- Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack
- Secretary of Health and Human Services Xavier Becerra
- Chef José Andrés
Welcome remarks and an overview of the National Strategy from Administration Officials and other featured speakers.
National Strategy Pillar Panel Sessions
Concurrent panel sessions that represent the five pillars of the National Strategy.
Panel Session 1
- Pillar 1 – Nourishing Brighter Futures: Ensuring affordable food for all children and families
Supporting children and families in accessing affordable food in schools and at home
- Pillar 2 – Food is Medicine: Bringing nutrition out of the health care shadows
Integrating nutrition into health care training, coverage, and delivery
- Pillar 3 – Look Locally: Growing partnerships to expand local food options
Bolstering local food systems to offer healthy food, strengthen local economies, and support farmers and ranchers
- Pillar 4 – Fit for Life: Creating communities designed for activity
Promoting physical activity and building communities with safer roads and greater access to parks
- Pillar 5 – Evidence to Action: Using research to guide policy and scale pilots
Leveraging research and data to expand pilot programs and inform policy
Panel Session 2
- Pillar 1 – Public-Private Partnerships: Collaborating to increase affordable food options in underserved communities
Working together to make it easier for everyone to access affordable foods
- Pillar 2 – Breaking Barriers: Bridging the gap between nutrition and health
Cultivating community development and advancing health equity to improve nutrition and health
- Pillar 3 – Making Healthy Choices Easy: Why improving food environments matters
Enabling healthier choices where people shop, work, and play
- Pillar 4 – The Power of Play: Supporting physical activity for kids
Promoting children’s lifelong health through physical activity in schools and communities
- Pillar 5 – Advancing Equitable Research: Developing innovative and inclusive policy solutions
Ensuring that nutrition and food security research accounts for all communities and informs policies
Remarks by President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. and other featured speakers.
Small Group Working Sessions
Conference participants break into small groups to collaborate and identify actions they will take individually and collectively to help achieve the goal of ending hunger and reducing diet-related diseases.
Stories of action by community leaders and a conversation with young changemakers charting the path forward.
*Timing subject to change