ODPHP will be at the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Annual meeting in Orlando, Florida from May 28 through June 1, 2019 to showcase the Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans, 2nd edition and the Move Your Way Campaign. Come see us in-person or follow us on Twitter using @HHSPrevention and #ACSM19 for live updates from the meeting!
Spotlight on the Physical Activity Guidelines at ACSM Symposium
On Wednesday, May 29 from 9:30-11:30 AM ET in CC-Valencia A Federal staff will present a symposium titled, “Hot off the Press! NEW Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans.”
Move Your Way in the Exhibition Hall
Stop by Booth #436 to get your copy of the second edition of the Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans, try out the Move Your Way online Activity Planner, and check out printed Move Your Way materials.
Learn More from the Physical Activity Guidelines Advisory Committee
The June 2019 issue of Medicine & Science in Sports and Exercise® includes 15 reviews which provide details about the science base used for the Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans, 2nd edition.
- The U.S. Physical Activity Guidelines Advisory Committee Report—Introduction
- Daily Step Counts for Measuring Physical Activity Exposure and Its Relation to Health
- Association between Bout Duration of Physical Activity and Health: Systematic Review
- High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) for Cardiometabolic Disease Prevention
- Sedentary Behavior and Health: Update from the 2018 Physical Activity Guidelines Advisory Committee
- Physical Activity, Cognition and Brain Outcomes: A Review of the 2018 Physical Activity Guidelines
- Physical Activity in Cancer Prevention and Survival: A Systematic Review
- Physical Activity and the Prevention of Weight Gain in Adults: A Systematic Review
- Physical Activity, All-Cause and Cardiovascular Mortality, and Cardiovascular Disease
- Physical Activity and Health in Children under 6 Years of Age: A Systematic Review
- The Benefits of Physical Activity during Pregnancy and Postpartum: An Umbrella Review
- Physical Activity, Injurious Falls and Physical Function in Aging: An Umbrella Review
- Physical Activity to Prevent and Treat Hypertension: A Systematic Review
- Effects of Physical Activity in Knee and Hip Osteoarthritis: A Systematic Umbrella Review
- Physical Activity Promotion: Highlights from the 2018 PAGAC Systematic Review
The articles are available free to read online. For several articles, an updated literature search was done to complement the work the Committee did for the 2018 Physical Activity Guidelines Scientific Report.
To get the latest information about the Physical Activity Guidelines, Move Your Way Campaign, and other physical activity updates, sign up for ODPHP’s Physical Activity Listserv.