Healthfinder.gov provides toolkits for several National Health Observances, including American Diabetes Month in November. The toolkits provide resources for organizations like schools, healthcare providers, health departments, and more to raise awareness about critical public health issues, like diabetes.
Diabetes is one of the leading causes of disability and death in the United States. It can cause blindness, nerve damage, kidney disease, and other health problems if it’s not controlled.
Visit healthfinder.gov for resources such as these to help raise awareness about diabetes:
- Add information about preventing type 2 diabetes to your newsletter.
- Tweet about American Diabetes Month.
- Host a community event where families can be active while learning about local health resources.
- Add this Web badge to your website.
- Join the American Diabetes Association in celebrating American Diabetes Month .