Around this time of year, you probably plan to – or know someone who plans to – make a healthy resolution for the New Year. For clients, colleagues, friends, or family looking to get more physically active, here are some shareable tips from healthfinder.gov.
5 easy ways to move more during the day:
- Make TV time active. Do crunches and push-ups while you watch TV.
- Mix it up. Try something new, like taking a dance class or learning a winter sport.
- Find company. Grab a friend (or maybe a friend’s dog) and go for a walk.
- Start slowly. If you are just getting started, do 10 minutes of activity at a time.
- Track your progress. Use a smartphone app or a piece of paper — whatever works for you!
For more tips and tools on physical activity, visit healthfinder.gov.