The President’s Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition announced this morning that the Presidential Active Lifestyle Award (PALA+) is now officially integrated into SuperTracker, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s free online food and activity tracking tool. For health educators and professionals, this means your students, patients, and clients have the ability to log individual food items and physical activities into their SuperTracker profile in order to complete the PALA+ program.
Benefits of using SuperTracker to achieve the PALA+ award include:
- Customized dietary recommendations, like food group, calorie and nutrient intake goals to help users work towards a healthy eating pattern
- An interactive SuperTracker dashboard to help visualize and monitor progress
- Motivational pop-up messages
- Use of SuperTracker’s extensive food database
- Easy access to nutrition and physical activity educational information
What’s changed with PALA+?
The PALA+ healthy eating goals have been refreshed to reflect new guidance from the 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans. Additionally, PALA+ is now a full eight-week program.
- In the first 5 weeks, participants log food and physical activity to begin a routine and reach as many goals as possible.
- Beginning in week 6, participants must reach their weekly physical activity goal and at least 6 of the 9 weekly healthy eating goals to complete the program and earn the award.
- PALA+ SuperTracker version – if participants complete PALA+ in each of weeks six, seven, and eight, they earn a new PALA+ Premium award.
Signups for the Spring into Wellness PALA+ Challenge are available on SuperTracker beginning today, and the challenge will run from March 26th, 2017 – May 20th, 2017.
Encourage your students, patients, and clients to sign up for the Spring into Wellness Challenge today!