U.S. Surgeon General Vivek H. Murthy and the National Prevention Council Release Healthy Aging in Action: Advancing the National Prevention Strategy
Healthy Aging in Action (HAIA) identifies recommendations and actions to promote healthy aging and improve health and well-being in later life. HAIA highlights federal and nonfederal policies and programs that reflect the National Prevention Strategy’s approach of targeting prevention and wellness efforts to promote healthy aging to further advance the Strategy for an aging society.
The Healthy Aging in Action report aims to:
- Support prevention efforts to enable older adults to remain active, independent, and involved in their community;
- Highlight innovative and evidence-based programs from National Prevention Council departments and agencies and local communities that address the challenges related to physical, mental, emotional, and social well-being that are often encountered in later life; and
- Inform future multisector efforts to promote and facilitate healthy aging in communities.
The National Prevention Council, comprised of 20 Federal agencies and chaired by the Surgeon General, developed the HAIA with input from key stakeholders and the Advisory Group on Prevention, Health Promotion, and Integrative and Public Health.
Use hashtag #HealthyAging to call attention to existing policies and programs that advance the National Prevention Strategy’s approach of targeting prevention and wellness efforts to promote healthy aging.
Promote the Healthy Aging in Action report:
- The new Healthy Aging in Action report supports older adults to stay active & involved in their communities. Read→ http://go.usa.gov/xkzBY
- New #HealthyAging in Action report released by @Surgeon_General to improve health & well-being in later life → http://go.usa.gov/xkzBY
- #HealthyAging in Action report informs future multisector efforts to promote healthy aging in communities. → http://go.usa.gov/xkzBY
Learn more about the National Prevention Strategy.