Preventing Adverse Drug Events: Individualizing Glycemic Targets Using Health Literacy Strategies is an eLearning course that teaches health care providers how to reduce hypoglycemic adverse drug events (ADEs) in patients with diabetes.
At the conclusion of the session, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the national burden of adverse drug events (ADEs).
- Define hypoglycemia.
- Identify the individual risk factors, hypoglycemic agents, and medication interactions that place individuals with diabetes at higher risk for hypoglycemic ADEs.
- Describe the importance of setting target glycemic goals based on individual factors.
- Apply evidence-based guidelines for diabetes management, focusing on setting individualized glycemic targets with patients to reduce the risk of hypoglycemia episodes.
- Apply health literacy strategies to help patients understand and act on information to prevent ADEs.
What You Need to View This Course
To view this course, you will need:
- Web browser (like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox)
- Speakers or headphones for audio