November 15, 2010
We hope you've enjoyed our Monday program spotlights the past couple months. Do you enjoy reading about all these fantastic physical activity promotion programs? Would you like your program to be spotlighted? Do you know a program you would like to nominate to be spotlighted? We would love to hear from you! Just answer the six questions below in 750 words or fewer and e-mail them, along with a photo from your program, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitting information about your program does not guarantee that your program will be featured. “Programs” may include specialized organizations, ongoing efforts by broader organizations, temporarily-funded interventions, and/or periodic events. Programs must not conflict with the Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans. Evidence-based programs or programs including an evaluation component will be given preference. If your program is chosen, an ODPHP representative will e-mail you before posting to confirm accuracy of the blog post.
1. Describe your program and the population it serves.
2. How are the Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans incorporated into the program?
3. How is the success of your program measured?
4. What are some challenges you faced in implementation?
5. Please give tips for others to implement programs similar to yours.