TO INCREASE CALORIE EXPENDITURE BY PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
Remember to accumulate 30 minutes or more of moderate physical activity on most -- preferably all -- days of the week.
Examples of moderate physical activities for healthy U.S. adults
- walking briskly (3-4 miles per hour)
- conditioning or general calisthenics
- home care, general cleaning
- racket sports such as table tennis
- mowing lawn, power mower
- golf -- pulling cart or carrying clubs
- home repair, painting
- fishing, standing/casting
- swimming (moderate effort)
- cycling, moderate speed <10 miles per hour)
- canoeing leisurely (2.0-3.9 miles per hour)
Source: Adapted from Pate, et al., Journal of the American Medical Association, 1995, Vol. 273, p. 404.
Back to "Balance the food you eat..."