2010 Dietary Guidelines
Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2010 [PDF – 2.9MB]
The 2010 Dietary Guidelines policy document features the final recommendations developed and released by the federal government.
Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2010: Executive Summary [PDF – 227 KB]
A 4-page excerpt from the 2010 Dietary Guidelines.
Dietary Guidelines 2010: Selected Messages for Consumers [PDF – 165 KB]
1-page document focused on balancing calories, foods to increase, and foods to decrease.
Consumer Brochure: Let's Eat for the Health of It [PDF – 991 KB]
4-page brochure for consumers with recommendations based on the Dietary Guidelines.
Eat Healthy, Be Active Community Workshops
Series of community workshops based on the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans and the 2008 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans.
2010 Dietary Guidelines Background
- Report of the Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee on the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2010 [PDF – 4.8 MB]
- 2010 Dietary Guidelines: Backgrounder on History and Process [PDF – 39.7]
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans: Final Report on Focus Groups, June 18, 2010 [PDF – 1.25 MB]
- Slide Presentation [PDF – 4.1 MB]
- Announcement of 2010 Dietary Guidelines Release: January 31, 2011 [PDF – 152 KB]
- Launch of MyPlate Icon: June 2, 2011
- Health and Sustainability Guidelines for Federal Concessions and Vending Operations [PDF – 1.4 MB]
Guidelines intended to help contractors increase healthy food and beverage choices and use sustainable practices at federal worksites.
Get email updatesSign up for emails about the 2015 Dietary Guidelines