Body Mass Index Calculator
Body Mass Index, or BMI, is a measure of your weight compared to your height. BMI can help adults determine whether they are at a healthy weight. Overweight or obese individuals are at increased risk for many diseases, such as: heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, type-2 diabetes, and some types of cancer.
The BMI calculator on this page can help you determine if you are a healthy weight. This tool is for adults 20 years and older. BMI calculations don’t work as well for all people including those who are extremely muscular, very tall, or very short. Enter your height and weight to calculate your BMI.
To calculate BMI for children and teens, aged 2 through 19 years old, there is a specialized BMI calculator. Click here to use this calculator for children and teens.
Resources to learn more:
- Eat Healthy
- Healthy Eating: Conversation starters
- Healthy Snacks: Quick tips for parents
- Heart Healthy Foods: Shopping list
- Watch Your Weight
- Help Your Child Stay at a Healthy Weight
- Losing Weight: Conversation starters
- Losing Weight: Questions for the doctor
- Get Active
- Help a Loved One Get More Active: Quick tips